1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
Sascha Claus

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:10-minute service between Hopford and Medford, …
since you haven't named your area until now, I should simply name it XYZford, according to the names of most towns. :lol:
Let me know what times you're expecting IC110 out of and back in to Perth and I can schedule them appropriately.
Same as now: departure in Perth Old Town (the eastern station) for IC110 to you :06/:36, arrival from you :54/:24. Additional trains with offset of 15min, i. e. dep. :21/:51, arr. :09/:39. IR trains (stopping also at the small and medium towns) leave 2min later and come 2min earlier, at least on my side.

Distances PerthCornford and CornfordMedford seem to be optimal for an Swiss-style timetable with IC stops around :00 and :30.
Onward to ... wherever it's going. :)
I guess it's the small, (pen)insular country between England and Finland.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I will not be building much this time. But I've made something already :)

The biggest thing I will make this time is the scenery at S Neckfieldfleetmere. And maybe a name change? What suggestions do you have?
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
Sascha Claus

Hello II,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I will not be building much this time. But I've made something already :)
cheater! ;)
The biggest thing I will make this time is the scenery at S Neckfieldfleetmere.
I expect the scenery to be at least at the same level of detail as in the famous HAUS network. ;)
And maybe a name change? What suggestions do you have?
Ribblehead, source of River Ribble! :D But don't forget the famous Ribblehead Viaduct!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Even better :D Wait and see!

BTW, how do I extract a standard vehicle from BAHN, and repaint it?
Kind regards - Matias
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:since you haven't named your area until now, I should simply name it XYZford, according to the names of most towns. :lol:
I've got a list of names, and those are the ones I've picked out randomly. I have a name in mind for this region as a whole, but will probably be sitting on it for a while. The area that is built spans two counties - one is Greater Medford, extends to just shy of Hopford, the other is currently unnamed, but seated in Cornford.
Same as now: departure in Perth Old Town (the eastern station) for IC110 to you :06/:36, arrival from you :54/:24. Additional trains with offset of 15min, i. e. dep. :21/:51, arr. :09/:39. IR trains (stopping also at the small and medium towns) leave 2min later and come 2min earlier, at least on my side.
I had realised that the IR is effectively what we would regard as "slow IC" here, given we have varying stopping patterns, so if the timetable works out that way it may well be that the 15-minute trains would be the IRs, whose extra stops may extend their journeys such that they arrive at Perth shortly before the IC and wait to depart slightly later. Alternatively the extra trains might just be IX120.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:I had realised that the IR is effectively what we would regard as "slow IC" here,
yes, like the local trains run parallel to the long distance trains, so the not-so-long distance trains run parallel to the very-long distance trains. :D But, that every IC has a parallel IR, is an invention of mine, I've not yet found this outside in the real world.

My east-west IR will (surely) call at Ardrossan, Troon, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Lipsia Euston, Lipsia MSt, Lipsia West, 1 or 2 town(s) yet to be named, Stanley, Perth New Town and Perth Old Town.
given we have varying stopping patterns, so if the timetable works out that way it may well be that the 15-minute trains would be the IRs,
My 15min-IC becoming your IRs (or however you call them)? And the rear part of my ICs running to C and K?
Alternatively the extra trains might just be IX120.
InterXmas-train? :wink:
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:My 15min-IC becoming your IRs (or however you call them)? And the rear part of my ICs running to C and K?
No, IR110. It ends up as your half-hourly trains, but turn into the 15-min interval trains by Medford. After all, they have 4-minute stops - two of those plus acceleration time should lose them the necessary 15 minutes to bring them into line with your timetable.
InterXmas-train? :wink:
Maybe if I build quickly enough. :P
Sascha Claus

Tagchen,
Chris hat geschrieben:No, IR110. It ends up as your half-hourly trains, but turn into the 15-min interval trains by Medford. After all, they have 4-minute stops - two of those plus acceleration time should lose them the necessary 15 minutes to bring them into line with your timetable.
so in Perth, the IRs leave immediately (2min) after the ICs, IRs need 13min more time to Medford and ICs+IRs form an 15min in Medford? Or the other way round?

And BTW, matias, are you interested in motorway? There is one from Northampton through the Midlands, entering Middle Neneshire at 11642/22437. If you like, i extend it to you, otherwise the motorway will terminate in a large terminal for car shuttle trains.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Well, another good-ending day for me :)

I've built some bus-lines (104,105,110), and the beginnings of the tram/light rail towards Sascha. I've temporarily built it into the bus terminal at the Central Station, but it will get its own station. The trains are also temporary, as I need some with doors on both sides.

I've also moved a little around in the usage of the platforms at the station.

I've used most of the time to build scenery in SN - take a look, and please your eyes! And you are welcome to criticize me, if you want to.

@ Sacha:

Regarding the highway, I would like it, but as a high capacity road (a middle thing between a highway and a cross-county road).

The narrow gauge, is it okay for you to make it? I didn't have the time, and you have the schedule :) If not, I'll do it my next time.

I've also been thinking of expanding IC-services each hour from 6 to ~20 hours. What do you think? It will definitely add more life to the route.

The ICLightning is also ready for service. Remember, it's not three sets, but 15 wagons making three sets (for when you want to split it). Would you like additional departures with the ICL (more than twice daily)?

And last, but not least: How do I extract a standard vehicle from BAHN to repaint it?

I think this was all.

Good night to you!
Kind regards - Matias
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:so in Perth, the IRs leave immediately (2min) after the ICs, IRs need 13min more time to Medford and ICs+IRs form an 15min in Medford?
Got it. In other words, a 15-min service by cheating. :p
Sascha Claus

Hello II,
Chris hat geschrieben:
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:so in Perth, the IRs leave immediately (2min) after the ICs, IRs need 13min more time to Medford and ICs+IRs form an 15min in Medford?
Got it. In other words, a 15-min service by cheating. :p
phew … it took weeks! ;)

And 15min after the IC, the other IC to C and K? And maybe a morning and an evening ICL from matias of Ribbleshire to and from Medford?
1993matias hat geschrieben:and the beginnings of the tram/light rail towards Sascha. I've temporarily built it into the bus terminal at the Central Station, but it will get its own station.
I hope that it will get its own tracks into the station, too! On the 1435mm tracks, it will be a rough ride with the 900mm trains, because the wheels on at least one side will rumble over the ballast. :lol:
Regarding the highway, I would like it, but as a high capacity road (a middle thing between a highway and a cross-county road).
Only grade-separated crossings and without barrier in the middle? With intersections and with barrier?
The narrow gauge, is it okay for you to make it?
Yes, as soon as I have time. There are three borders where I have to work!
I've also been thinking of expanding IC-services each hour from 6 to ~20 hours. What do you think? It will definitely add more life to the route.
No problem, I'll run my trains at least half-hourly from 6 to 20. We can do this if you increase your order for the new rolling stock which you expect at Christmas present. :wink:

I think, it would be better to run 1M-IC1 to Eranthas instead of Lobster Bay anyway (via Wigan and Oxford). The mayor of Eranthas seems to have fallen into winter sleep already, so might try to smuggle this route in. :roll:
And last, but not least: How do I extract a standard vehicle from BAHN to repaint it?
NFZ -> open or create a vehicle set -> “Edit” menu -> Import from BAHN -> Select the BAHN directory (only up to version 3.84) -> etc.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:I hope that it will get its own tracks into the station, too! On the 1435mm tracks, it will be a rough ride with the 900mm trains, because the wheels on at least one side will rumble over the ballast. :lol:
It will get its own trackbed.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Only grade-separated crossings and without barrier in the middle? With intersections and with barrier?
Like this. Not a interstate road, but not a highway. It's hard to explain, but I'll make a short stretch to show you when it's my turn again.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Yes, as soon as I have time. There are three borders where I have to work!
Cool :)
Sacha Claus hat geschrieben:I think, it would be better to run 1M-IC1 to Eranthas instead of Lobster Bay anyway (via Wigan and Oxford). The mayor of Eranthas seems to have fallen into winter sleep already, so might try to smuggle this route in. :roll:
That's okay for me :)
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:NFZ -> open or create a vehicle set -> “Edit” menu -> Import from BAHN -> Select the BAHN directory (only up to version 3.84) -> etc.
I keep getting errors. Is it too much to ask for you just to extract those wagons? I will be glad if you did :D

That's all for this time. Good night and sleep well :P

Matias
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Is it too much to ask for you just to extract those wagons? I will be glad if you did :D
in BAHN 3.84 the Metropolitan coaches are available only in a cheap version. But I did some reconnaissance and found out that the famous Rolf R. drew them. I mailed him and got the original drawings. :)

The teamwork should be in your mailboxes now, after I sent it around this morning. “The Borders Line” North Cothelstone – Hillmoore – Ardrossan (southern continuation of “Mid-Childa Rapid Railway”) opened for traffic and saw test runs of Class 605 (ICE-TD), which is now allowed to run up to 230km/h (143mph) on this line. Now the rear half of SIR-LE26 is extended there has transfer connections at all stations along the line. If the Nene Valley Railway is upgraded in the Midlands, there will be even good transfer connections. :D

The front half of SIR-LE26 runs to Wigan, as well as new local trains. North Cothelstone became a new train maintenance depot south of the station, where the local trains are stabled overnight (including SIR-L16).

There were also secret test runs of IC stock on the River Ribble Railway and the Alt Valley Railway and a secret timetable conference. :roll:
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Yay, thanks! Spraycans in operation!
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

I've been unable to do much recently, and am highly unlikely to be able to do anything today, so in return for the favour last time Matias can pick up early if he wishes.
Antworten