B3.85 beta issues

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Chris

B3.85 beta issues

Beitrag von Chris »

The summary so far:

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote"> * simulation runs in 50% smaller steps
* sound (noise) more flexible and configurable, for trains and animations
* another version of signals (traffic lights)
* connection depot and signal system extended
* new more flexible data format for scenery incl. user-defined elements (more colors, larger width, higher)
* more user-defined scenic elements per layout (110 sets of up to at max. 90 elements each)
* extra graphics for quadruple details (Zoom4)
* simple integrated editor for scenery and user-defined elements (Zoom1, 2 and 4)
* configurable animations, also for user-defined elements
* el.locos and EMU can change the pantograph depending on direction of travel, even if they have different side views
* some errors fixed, some new errors added instead</tr></td></table>

Editing trackside elements fails with message #591 when editing on some track types.

Also, the following problem in 3.84 remains:

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">using the mouse wheel to scroll moves the cursor along the y-axis, but the position highlight on the edit window doesn't update unless the cursor moves to the edge of the displayed area.</tr></td></table>

At the moment, the position highlight updates when there is some other animation on the screen, but where there is none the highlight still does not move.
Jan Bochmann
Re: B3.85 beta issues

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Editing trackside elements fails with message #591 when editing on some track types.</tr></td></table>

That means there are no extra gfx for that track type. Try to use another one (mostly "rails on road" works). For more details see short gfx docu from "Download" section.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Also, the following problem in 3.84 remains:

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">using the mouse wheel to scroll moves the cursor along the y-axis, but the position highlight on the edit window doesn't update unless the cursor moves to the edge of the displayed area.</tr></td></table>

At the moment, the position highlight updates when there is some other animation on the screen, but where there is none the highlight still does not move.</tr></td></table>

What means "position highlight" here?

Grtx
Jan B.
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Another bug found:
If a stopping point with platform is made invisible, then the platform itself becomes invisible, too.

And a request:
Could you please tell me if there is a possibility to edit object graphics of a new type? I need to create a trolleybus network, but I miss some extra 'cable symbols' (of course except those installed with beta). [img]icon_smile.gif[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von Ilya am Montag 15. September 2008, 13:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">That means there are no extra gfx for that track type. Try to use another one (mostly "rails on road" works). For more details see short gfx docu from "Download" section.</tr></td></table>

Presumably that will be fixed in a later beta, but I'd also mark as bugs the poor messages for 590 ("No primary version") and 591 ("No primary element"), and the poor distinction between the two. If you could explain the differences between these two, I can suggest a better wording.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">What means "position highlight" here?</tr></td></table>

That's the little white square on the map that shows which element is selected, and where things will be built if you press the number buttons.

In the meantime, I look forward to testing some more of these new bugs you've added. :-)

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs,
hunt one down, patch it out,
102 little bugs in the code ...
Zuletzt geändert von Chris am Montag 15. September 2008, 19:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Markus Klingsiek
Wohnort: Indienststellung: Minden/Westf, Überstellung nach Wien 2006, Überstellung ins Waldviertel 2014

Beitrag von Markus Klingsiek »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs,
hunt one down, patch it out,
102 little bugs in the code ...
</tr></td></table>

How true... how true... [img]icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

One more thing:
Why Zoom2 = Zoom6? It's not that pretty nice. I think, it may be better for the performance to use Zoom4 for all the three scales: 4:1, 6:1, 8:1.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">One more thing:
Why Zoom2 = Zoom6? It's not that pretty nice. I think, it may be better for the performance to use Zoom4 for all the three scales: 4:1, 6:1, 8:1.</tr></td></table>

Because 4 into 6 won't go. [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]
Markus Klingsiek
Wohnort: Indienststellung: Minden/Westf, Überstellung nach Wien 2006, Überstellung ins Waldviertel 2014

Beitrag von Markus Klingsiek »

You cannot zoom a single pixel to 1,5... [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]

By the way... one more thing???
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Why then do we need that 'odd' 6:1? [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]
Jan Bochmann

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Why then do we need that 'odd' 6:1? [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]</tr></td></table>

For any feature you can find someone who says "Not needed".

About 3.85r1:

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">invisible signals got platforms</tr></td></table>

Should be fixed.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">invisible stopping points miss also their platforms (sometimes)</tr></td></table>

Should work again.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Is there anywhere a FAQ or hints how to use the simple editor?</tr></td></table>

The Help is now included.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">What about messages 590 and 591?</tr></td></table>

Deleted.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Problems at bridges (vertically) and at platforms with large halls (station halls)</tr></td></table>

Corrected.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Too many files?</tr></td></table>

You can attach additional file to a layout file now.
Details: see help.
Example: The demo_0 layout included in the installation.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Does not run on Win Vista?</tr></td></table>

The optimization was turned off again (as in 3.84r3).

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Needs much time when starting?</tr></td></table>

Should be a bit faster now.

Grtx
Jan B.
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Jan, thanks for the new beta.

Found at least one major error - turnouts can't be pasted properly (only the turnout itself is pasted, but without any turnout data). If cut and pasted, the error occurs 'At least one turnout incomplete'.
Jan Bochmann

Hello,

Found at least one major error - turnouts can't be pasted properly (only the turnout itself is pasted, but without any turnout data). If cut and pasted, the error occurs 'At least one turnout incomplete'.</tr></td></table>

That's true for all turnouts with additional data. Further, sometimes the graphical design is missing (with[out] platform).

This will be corrected, thank you for information.

Greetings
Jan B.
johanmark

Beitrag von johanmark »

Hello:

In Bahn 3.85 beta1, I have a problem when i want to save the modifications after i have edited an element´s graphic. It appears the message with the error #594 Error while saving to file. And it happens in zoom1, zoom2 or zoom4.

I don´t know if it´s a problem with my computer or it´s a bug of the program.
Zuletzt geändert von johanmark am Sonntag 26. Oktober 2008, 17:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Jan Bochmann

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello:

In Bahn 3.85 beta1, I have a problem when i want to save the modifications after i have edited an element´s graphic. It appears the message with the error #594 Error while saving to file. And it happens in zoom1, zoom2 or zoom4.

I don´t know if it´s a problem with my computer or it´s a bug of the program.</tr></td></table>

Maybe the element does not own additional graphics (for instance a simple normal driving way) at all. Then you cannot add or edit them.

Common error: The editor saves only the parts that are in the limits of (x0,y0,width,height), marked by black point lines. When inside this area there is nothing (i.e. only transparency) for all layers, then it will fail to save.

Mostly, you can easily avoid the problem by clicking the "Update borders" button before clicking to "Save" button.

Hope this helped,
Greetings,
Jan B.
johanmark

Beitrag von johanmark »

Thank you Jan for your response.

You wrote:

"Maybe the element does not own additional graphics (for instance a simple normal driving way) at all. Then you cannot add or edit them."

Yes, that was the "problem". I thought that it would be possible to edit all the elements but I was wrong.
Antworten