1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
Chris

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von Chris »

The signal was set to not apply to T5 since it rounded the corner, but it takes a different route heading off-duty. Since there is a contact north of the junction anyway, I've removed that condition.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

1993matias hat geschrieben:Now we are at it; if anyone wants my slot the 24th - 28th of June, please say so, as I have my last school days there and can't build.
I'm likely to be busy for three of the four days in my slot immediately prior, so I'll blast through unless anyone (other than Sascha) objects.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Since I've received nothing from Matias, I'll pick up from Sascha's 279 tonight. Unless Matias wants his slot back, I shall continue to the 28th if that's okay with everyone.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I won't use my next slot. If anyone has free time, I may be able to squeeze some building in :D
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hi! My time is quickly approaching, and I'd like to solve problems this time. That's why I'm asking you if you have any ideas of modification in Ribbleshire? Or do you have any suggestions?

Also, if you have any problems, you can tell them and they will be solved tomorrow.

I hope this will make Ribbleshire a more pleasing place to be!
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

While it's short notice, I won't be sending anything this time. No suggestions yet.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I'll be adding scenery then :)

Is it okay if I make a folder where I collect all route maps and schedules of the teamwork? Then it would be easier to find if needed, or if you're just bored.

EDIT: Added a ****load of text to the wiki regarding Robbleside.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hello! I will post this here too, as there's an important notice.

All changes are listed in the 'New since last time' infotext.

One change is more important: All ICL services have been stopped because of errors while coupling - a single trainset in SN, while others were in the wrong place. I deleted all sets and placed two in their waiting tracks ready for departure and one to the right of SN Central. Please note, when uncoupling, that the sets are whole - no middle wagons, only one set. The total length of a three-set train is therefore three wagons.

A change in the files has also occured: To make it easy to find the timetables and route maps, I've made a folder called 'Timetables' where all maps and timetables are together.

Btw, do you like what I've written in the wiki?

I look forward to see what you'll do, Sascha :D

-Matias
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

My slot has come at a bad time again. Nothing this week from me.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

It's quite a short notice, but if anyone want's my slot 3rd to 7th of August, because I'm not sure I'll build so much.

-Matias
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hi!

Looks like we all prefer summer instead of BAHN :P

I was thinking of what to build next, and I didn't really get any ideas. I have the feeling that I can't really put any more in my area (of course I can, I just lack the imagination :P ), so I was thinking if all the 'abandoned' areas could get new owners, so they won't end up all abandoned.

My question is; can I begin building in Parnell Country? Will Matches complain?

Other than that, I have some other suggestions/comments on the project as it is:

To better simulate real-life freight movements, a list with all factories/industries accepting rail-cargo will help coordinating cargo movements. If it's needed, I can help coordinating freight schedules (for this I would need all timetables).

Also, I've noticed that the 'map' here isn't up to date. It would be really nice if it was updated.

Lastly, I have a question: When you receive the new layout, do you take a look at the newly-build things? Because sometimes when you don't feel like you have enough creativity, it would be nice with some suggestions, so you know what would make your network better. it is always good to have someone from the outside advise you on what to do next. So I'd like to suggest making a little list (maybe in the wiki) where we suggest improvements to each other.

Wow, a short notice of me wanting to use Sirnights slot August 11th to 15th transformed into this.

I hope you all will consider these suggestions in a positive way.

Sincerely - Matias
Sascha Claus

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I was thinking of what to build next, and I didn't really get any ideas.
you could fix your timetables to reduce the amount of missing departures and occasional signal over- and underruns. :wink:
I have the feeling that I can't really put any more in my area (of course I can, I just lack the imagination :P ), so I was thinking if all the 'abandoned' areas could get new owners, so they won't end up all abandoned.
You could promote some ski resorts in the mountains to the south or New Towns (with appropriate railways) in the north, between SN and Manchester or west of Parnell Country.
To better simulate real-life freight movements, a list with all factories/industries accepting rail-cargo will help coordinating cargo movements.
I started a list of origins and destinations some months ago. Goods traffic hasn't seen much progress since, because most workers seem to be busy with building new passenger lines.
Also, I've noticed that the 'map' here isn't up to date. It would be really nice if it was updated.
:roll:
Lastly, I have a question: When you receive the new layout, do you take a look at the newly-build things?
Yes, as long as there is something to see. New landscaping is more visible than timetables. :) If there are no comments from me, then there is usually nothing to criticize, not nothing to compliment.
Because sometimes when you don't feel like you have enough creativity
You can get inspiration by looking at real world examples, which Central Europe offers a lot of, like Strausberg (near Berlin), where a long lake caused a some distance between the town and the railroad station. This distance itself caused some interesting transportation options, including a ferry across the lake, powered by overhead wire.

Or the reaction ferries in the Elbe valley, which connect towns to their railway stations on the other side of the river.
it would be nice with some suggestions, so you know what would make your network better. it is always good to have someone from the outside advise you on what to do next. So I'd like to suggest making a little list (maybe in the wiki) where we suggest improvements to each other.
I'd rather use this forum for suggestions, since it's easier to discuss them here than in the wiki.
Wow, a short notice of me wanting to use Sirnights slot August 11th to 15th transformed into this.
But don't rush forward before I sent my version. The local railway from Lidgate is rushing towards Troon.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

1993matias hat geschrieben: Wow, a short notice of me wanting to use Sirnights slot August 11th to 15th transformed into this.
Ok, you can use my slot. I will be busy this weekend (again) :(
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sirnight hat geschrieben:...I will be busy this weekend (again) :(
Well, sadly me too. I am now at a vacation house without my computer, so I won't be bulding this time neither. I'll try to make something on my next 'real' slot :)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Damn... Well, I can only build this Saturday, so Sascha, I will deliver Saturday night, okay? Until Friday afternoon my slot is free :)
Antworten