1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I have still not received the new charger for my computer. I am expecting it tomorrow. If I don't get it I'll notify you so you can use my slot :)
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:A side-effect of all those blockages was that a collision was not reported because the message buffer was full. Unfortunately, it appears that Lipsia can't cope with a train running a few minutes late ( :roll: ),
that’s what the timetable is for. :( I'll plant a forest of signals to avoid collisions and unintended couplings in the future.
Looks like I'll have to do the extra stuff I wanted to do during yenz' next slot (*hint Sascha*).
You can also use my slot instead of yenz’ if this fits better into your personal plans.

As someone else currently has problems with his power supply, I'm at the moment trying to get the trains back on track and add the needed signals.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:that’s what the timetable is for.
The timetable determines when the train should pass. When it actually passes depends on several factors, which include wind direction, temperature, and the driver's tea consumption :wink: . Personally, I try not to encode the timetable into the layout.
You can also use my slot instead of yenz’ if this fits better into your personal plans.
So... I was going to suggest:
- You get Matias' slot 29-03
- You or I get your slot 03-07, depending on what you're building
- I get yenz' slot 07-11
- Matias gets my slot 11-15 and his own 15-19, to make up for having lost two already

I say "was", because I notice according to the Terminplan Sirnight doesn't appear to have a slot :? Maybe he'd want one of the upcoming slots?

Of course, I should congratulate you on being the person who (in 269) pushed the layout beyond 10MB. :D
Sascha Claus

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:The timetable determines when the train should pass. When it actually passes depends on several factors, which include wind direction, temperature, and the driver's tea consumption :wink: .
drivers are not allowed to consume tea or other drugs during duty. Only the most basic food is allowed (milk and coffee).
Personally, I try not to encode the timetable into the layout.
It can result in a great mess if you leave the layout unattended. :(
So... I was going to suggest:
- I get yenz' slot 07-11
- Matias gets my slot 11-15 and his own 15-19, to make up for having lost two already
Now everything is running fine again, so I also could hand over to Matias.
Of course, I should congratulate you on being the person who (in 269) pushed the layout beyond 10MB. :D
All the upcoming mess needed a place to hide. :twisted:
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

I say "was", because I notice according to the Terminplan Sirnight doesn't appear to have a slot. Maybe he'd want one of the upcoming slots?
Yeah, I'd like to get a slot, but I'm not in a big hurry.
Personally, I try not to encode the timetable into the layout.
Thats my style. Only two double track lines in North Bay have signalling.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Well, the traffic jams in SN will persist, because the mail haven't delivered my charger yet.
Chris hat geschrieben:So... I was going to suggest:
- I get yenz' slot 07-11
I have written exams and therefore free time (as the exams don't last all day) between May 2nd and May 11th. I'd then like to suggest:

- Sascha continues until the 3rd
- I or Sascha (or Chris if he wants to) get 03-07
- I get Yenz' slot 07-11
- Chris gets his own slot 11-15
- I get my own 15-19

What do you think? I hope to relieve those jams soon :)
Sascha Claus

Hello,

this is No. 271 of our BAHN Teamwork Project.

My local service 74 was withdrawn to make room for Chris' MW4/5. MW5 and MW7 make problems, huge delays in Cornford G, thus running at random and occasionally colliding head-on in Medford.

Thus I suggest Chris takes the layout and fixes this.

I planted forests of signals to avoid any head-on collisions and wrong coupling in Lipsia, Corden and Thornwell junction. In Lipsia, they didn't work as expected and delayed the release of the layout until now.

If unsolvable problems continue, you are allowed to delete all trains of SC-IR110, SC-IR120 and SC-IC120, if that helps to keep the important IC120, IC102 and ICLs running.

IR110 is now equipped with IR2000 double-deck stock, a modification of the Swiss IC2000 stock invented by me. :) The additional height allowed to reduce the length to the same as IC110, so that Silurian platforms should be no issue anymore. (Is this new for this time? Or did I
change this the last time? Ahh, doesn't matter anyway.)

Additionally, the trains were turned so that the bumper in Medford is now faced by the cab car (American English)/DBSO (British English). If IC110 is ever connected to M-IC211 in Yorkshire, its engine will see a
similar change, so that the cab car will face the bumpers in Manchester and Medford and the engine is at the correct end in Yorkshire. Since this would require a complete reassessment of the business processes in
Ardrossan, I save this opportunity for creating a new mess for my next time. :wink:
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:You could take the joker. IR110 waits in Perth Old Town (the western station) until :07/:37 and IR112 waits in New Town (the eastern one) until :07/:37. If I swap these, IR would leave East Wycombe :15/:45 and expected back … guess! :15/:45.
I preferred to not implement this without written consent, since the later arrival of IR112 and earlier arrival of IR110 from west wouldn't fit into their stopping patterns. :(
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:My local service 74 was withdrawn to make room for Chris' MW4/5. MW5 and MW7 make problems, huge delays in Cornford G, thus running at random and occasionally colliding head-on in Medford.
The problem is not late departures, but a lack of departures. I thought I had stopped MW7, but evidently I didn't, leaving enough trains for a 30-minute stopping pattern on an hourly service. As the only signalling on their route is to prevent collisions in the throat at Castle Street, in case anyone else wants to get to work straight away (Leevi? Matias?) whoever releases 272 has my permission to simply remove these two trains.
IR110 is now equipped with IR2000 double-deck stock, a modification of the Swiss IC2000 stock invented by me. :) The additional height allowed to reduce the length to the same as IC110, so that Silurian platforms should be no issue anymore. (Is this new for this time? Or did I change this the last time? Ahh, doesn't matter anyway.)
SR are now hiring staff to work nights at Maverton, to ensure that passenger assistance is always available. As Maverton is a significant commuter town for Medford, it is already well-staffed during the day.
Additionally, the trains were turned so that the bumper in Medford is now faced by the cab car (American English)/DBSO (British English).
Unfortunately, you forgot to reverse the position of first class in the train, so our lovely gold-plated customers have a nice long walk from their cushy lounge that their employers are paying over the odds for :shock:
The DBSO was converted from a BSO, in which half the carriage was the guard's office ("B" for "Brake") - a more correct term would be a "driving trailer" - with only standard class, one might call it a DSO or DTSO (where "T" is for "Tourist" and refers to seating layout). What would you call it in UIC438-speak?
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:You could take the joker. IR110 waits in Perth Old Town (the western station) until :07/:37 and IR112 waits in New Town (the eastern one) until :07/:37. If I swap these, IR would leave East Wycombe :15/:45 and expected back … guess! :15/:45.
Looking at the timetable for the moment, that looks OK, if you can make that work then I'll take it.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Chris hat geschrieben:in case anyone else wants to get to work straight away (Leevi? Matias?) whoever releases 272 has my permission to simply remove these two trains.
Either of you taken this up? I won't be able to do anything before the Saturday deadline.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I'm building right now. I will have a version ready around Saturday noon. Unless anyone wants Yenz time, I will continue to build until May 11th.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I'll send out a version now, but I will continue building. I just want to show the progress, so please, take a look around in South Neckfieldfleetmere and watch the new things! There's trams, a new railway, and a (hopefully) better traffic flow.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I feel the need to deliver now, as there's a collision between two ICL's at Corden. I do not have the knowledge of their routing required to solve it ;)

To see the new progress by me, jump to 7008 26554.

Matias

Btw, I did delete C-MW7 and the signals, and I haven't got the collision since.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I feel the need to deliver now, as there's a collision between two ICL's at Corden. I do not have the knowledge of their routing required to solve it ;)
the trains from Corden and Perth arrived in the wrong order and so they didn't wait nicely for the part from Shawhill (for Annandale & Eskdale) but instead joined and headed back to Corden. I installed two signals to ensure that they enter their shunting points always in the correct order and tested it for a day. I left the teamwork unattended for a few real hours and …
To see the new progress by me, jump to 7008 26554.
… yes, there is something to see. Something for Matias to resolve. :-P (Or Chris or Leevi or whoever wants to be the traffic policeman.) You see, not so much has changed in South Neckffm. Traffic jams, a lot of missing departures, the usual signal counter over- and underflows and two new underflows at contacts C12105 and C12422. :evil:
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I know there's a helluva missing departures, but more inhabitants are leaving their cars at home, taking the trams. So soon you'll see a decrease in traffic.

Also, if any jam happens and you'd like to solve it, just delete the cars jamming :)
… yes, there is something to see. Something for Matias to resolve
I'm looking forward to my next time :P Btw, did you read the infotext?
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Deadlocked again. Car at (6975,26590) wants to turn right, prevented by queue of southbound traffic waiting to Parliament Eastern - which is blocked by traffic turning across it to head north. 89 vehicles blocked so far.

Tried following the ICL to Lipsia first thing in the morning - S and C reached the points where they meet within a second of each other. The first ICL from Medford will now depart 2 minutes earlier.
Antworten