1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
Sascha Claus

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:Since no other service operates in this livery, SR Marketing & Communications suggests that partner railways adopt the red-white as a single livery for the unified ICL service.
I reverted all trains to red-white and added yellow stripes above 3/5 of the windows, so they now have a decent and clearly visible 1st class section. This will add some fiddling to their rosters, since both 1st class sections should face each other on the Perth – Medford section. :P Maybe Matias will surprise us with a red-silver livery later. :o

Perth Old Town and New Town railway stations were swapped, so that trains from east can now run through to the western station (Old Town) and vice versa. You can still see the great mess that the construction works caused around the stations. I placed some decorative trains at Old Town station, including my suggestion for traffic on the north-south line (my new southeastern town) - mountains - Perth - (Chris' new low-6-figure town C) - (interchange K) - … (see map)

It will take a few years until the line is ready, so I'm making my suggestion now so everyone has forgotten it until then! :D I dedicated the area east of Lipsia to East Midlands Trains and even found a loco-hauled train in their livery. :roll: Regional traffic around Perth will be done by the red and gray ÖBB trains, except for the line to Moston, which is served by WLB trains in their more friendly blue and creme livery.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von Chris »

The first ICL train in passenger service arrived at Castle Street on Friday morning to great fanfare. Representatives from the various railways in the ICL partnership were greeted by the Secretary of Transport and Commerce and the chairman of Silurian Railways, with each company gifted a commemorative replica of a traditional railway spike. (Half-scale and gold plated. You know, austerity and all that ...)

The town of Milfield has appeared on the map. The route of IC120 will bypass it on the fast line, though a service through Milfield to Corden is planned. Given Sascha's got the 1xx tied up, Matches went for 2xx, and Matias has the single-digits sown up, I stake my claim to the 3xx series, where IC301 (provisional number) is the cross-country route from Perth to the north-east. It interchanges at Milfield Junction with other local and (eventually) inter-city services. For testing, there is an Ersatz IR110 for me to fiddle with the timing. There is also an Ersatz IC120, which is there just to have something on the line.

Coming next is among the following:
  • Westhampton to the border
  • Cornford to Milfield
  • Milfield to Perth, and the local line from Cornford
In traffic news, buses in Ribbleshire are subject to long delays, collisions at Lipsia, and trains are arriving late at Shawhill.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Heh, let me say, the delays won't be better soon, but I will take some care of it :)
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:with each company gifted a commemorative replica of a traditional railway spike.
the Lipsia, Midlands & Scottish one will be put on display at Lipsia Main Station, in the middle of platform 3/4, where the ICL trains are split and joined, resp.
The town of Milfield has appeared on the map. The route of IC120 will bypass it on the fast line, though a service through Milfield to Corden is planned.
There is an IR120 ready for serving the stops which are too small for IC120.
where IC301 (provisional number) is the cross-country route from Perth to the north-east.
I gladly take it and designate it as IC service to my future town in the southeast. Will it remain diesel?
It interchanges at Milfield Junction with other local and (eventually) inter-city services.
Those IC services which are routed around Milfield? :wink:
Coming next is among the following:
  • Westhampton to the border
Anybody keen on opening an Easthampton? :D

Currently, the woods around Perth are rendered uncertain by the following roaming routes:
  • IC/IR110 well known, heading for Medford, IR stock not yet finally decided
  • IR112 with 2/3 coming from (Lobster Bay – Oxford) – North Cothelstone – Blackley – Moston – Perth and 1/3 from … – Dingwall – Drumheller – Moston – Perth. It would be nice to continue this to eastsoutheast, I can leave on trainset in Perth to fit short platforms.
  • IR113 (planned) from Stranraer, to be extended onto an IC-free route north(east)wards
  • IC/IR103 well known
  • maybe my proposed non-stop IA110 Manchester – Medford through Holton Heath, Hillmoore, Fort William and Perth (nonstop)
  • and of course, frequent local trains to and from all directions :)
collisions at Lipsia, and trains are arriving late at Shawhill.
At a quick glance, it seems that I forgot to delete on of the additional rush-hour departures, which causes all following trains to leave “late” in the slot of the preceeding train. In Lipsia, they are too early for their correct slot and probably hit the ICLs?

Anyway, I don't have time now to deeply dive into this, I'll fix it on my turn after Matias.
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:There is an IR120 ready for serving the stops which are too small for IC120.
I'm torn between sending IR120 via Milfield, or sending it along the main line and having a separate Medford - Milfield - Westhampton - ... service.
Those IC services which are routed around Milfield? :wink:
Wait and see ... 8)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Ï won't do much this time, do you want it early, Sascha?

I would also like to ask if anyone has something against me using Yens' time from 21st to 25th?

Soon there will be big changes in SN city - both on the roads and on the rails!
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Ï won't do much this time, do you want it early, Sascha?
ok, I'm willingly take it, since there's something important to do. :roll:
I would also like to ask if anyone has something against me using Yens' time from 21st to 25th?
Oh, I think this time I can make an exception and not use his time. :lol:
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

The National Transportation Board of Ribbleshire has received many complaints about traffic problems in South Neckfieldfleetmere. After much discussion, the Government passed a bill allowing construction of a tram in South Neckfieldfleetmere.
Inmideatly after passing the bill, construction began. Today, you can see construction works several places in the city. Because of traffic trouble, a few bus lines have been rerouted to keep up with the timetable.
The first tram line is expected to be done in a few months. The trams will be the same as the ones going to Lipisia.

Together with the tram bill, the government passed a bill giving money to renew the narrow gauge line from Vetchburn to the border. This will give the line new trains and higher speeds.
The same bill states that the line to Anvees will no longer receive government support. The line will be replaced by bus.

After much delay, the first new trainset for Ribbleshire Private Railways arrived in the train factory in Vetchburn. Vetchburn Trains will build eight trainsets, each capable of driving 120 km/h, and with capacity for 80 passengers with easy access for wheelchairs. The first trainset will be delivered in a few weeks time. The current trainsets will be returned to the lessor when the new trains arrive.

After opening international services with ICL, Ribbleshire Railroads has realised they are outdated. RRR will see if they can get away with an overhaul, or if they have to buy new trains.

My next time will be in Yenz' slot (21st to 25th april).

[Sascha] If you have nothing to do, I have unused tram, freight train and night train connections ;)
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:The same bill states that the line to Anvees will no longer receive government support. The line will be replaced by bus.
why not extending the line to Undersocks and replacing the bus?
After opening international services with ICL, Ribbleshire Railroads has realised they are outdated. RRR will see if they can get away with an overhaul, or if they have to buy new trains.
Currently, the supply for DMUs (or even EMUs) of the same length seems very restricted.
[Sascha] If you have nothing to do, I have unused tram, freight train and night train connections ;)
I was working in Balmedy (see the mess I left there? :wink: ) when you called me at the border, now I'm leaving the Middle Ribble valley as a mess because Chris called me at his border. :D
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Glad to be of service :lol:
Sascha Claus

Hello,

my preparations for the invasion of Chris’ District of Hartsmere are moving forward. IR112 is now patrolling along the whole border from North Cothelstone via Blackley, Moston and Perth to Perth Southwest while IR110 is preparing itself for the first step, an attack to Dorfield. To draw off attention, it is completely ignoring the announced timetable and crosses the border at minutes :19/:49. This move was necessary due to the vast amount of trains being squeezed through the limited amount of tracks in Perth. Will Silurian National Railways be able to channel this into a useful timetable of do I have to go back to the planning table?

And what‘s with regional traffic from Perth to Dorfield? If Tattenhoe continues to be the only intermediate stop, IRs could as well serve it and I could stop my CityShuttles at the border station. If not, who will provide the rolling stock and at which clearance?
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:...
And what‘s with regional traffic from Perth to Dorfield? If Tattenhoe continues to be the only intermediate stop, IRs could as well serve it and I could stop my CityShuttles at the border station. If not, who will provide the rolling stock and at which clearance?
Vetchburn Trains could make some trains ;)
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:my preparations for the invasion of Chris’ District of Hartsmere are moving forward. IR112 is now patrolling along the whole border from North Cothelstone via Blackley, Moston and Perth to Perth Southwest while IR110 is preparing itself for the first step, an attack to Dorfield. To draw off attention, it is completely ignoring the announced timetable and crosses the border at minutes :19/:49.
First response is a tactical strike by the signallers' union, to keep the lines closed until we can muster an engineering blockade. The tamping squadron will take a while to get there, but when they do, the HOBCs will open fire with everything they've got - open up those water jets, people!
This move was necessary due to the vast amount of trains being squeezed through the limited amount of tracks in Perth. Will Silurian National Railways be able to channel this into a useful timetable of do I have to go back to the planning table?
I'm sure I can do something with it. :-) Drop in a TP adjacent to the one you have for the ICs showing the time you want the IRs back as a starting point.
And what‘s with regional traffic from Perth to Dorfield?
The list of things we could do with it is endless:
  • Peak-time IR stop (one train each way in each peak)
  • Local traffic Perth - Dorfield - (east)
  • Semi-fast trains Perth - Dorfield - Cornford
  • Err ...
  • That's it.
Tattenhoe isn't going to be a particularly big place - population likely to be in the low four digits.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:First response is a tactical strike by the signallers' union, to keep the lines closed until we can muster an engineering blockade.
here (in Germany) the train driver's union is on strike (at least at some remaining private companies) to arrange a single contract for all companies.
  • Peak-time IR stop (one train each way in each peak)
As long as my times won't change, this is up to you. But since I'm going to run additional D110
trains during rush-hour to form a 15min interval at least until Perth, these might run to Dornfield with stops at Tattenhoe.
  • Local traffic Perth - Dorfield - (east)
I'd like to terminate the slowest trains from Perth at the next large city (i.e. Dornfield), but …
  • Semi-fast trains Perth - Dorfield - Cornford
… maybe they terminate and Tattenhoe and not-so-slow trains run through to Cornford. Platforms in Perth are not a problem. :)
  • Err ...
EuroRegioRail trains? :wink:
Tattenhoe isn't going to be a particularly big place - population likely to be in the low four digits.
So it should be thoroughly connected to Perth.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:here (in Germany) the train driver's union is on strike (at least at some remaining private companies) to arrange a single contract for all companies.
Here in the vestiges of the Empire, they go on strike so frequently it's become a running joke - "The Tube's on strike - must be Friday ..." The guy at the head of the RMT is very militant, and deals with the strict laws regarding industrial action by balloting the membership at the earliest opportunity.
But since I'm going to run additional D110
trains during rush-hour to form a 15min interval at least until Perth, these might run to Dornfield with stops at Tattenhoe.
I'm sure that with care I can thread them in all the way to Medford. I'm not sure that commuters would relish having to change at Dorfield in either direction. Tradition around here for fast service in the peaks is generally to run them with fewer stops to leave as much room for extra stopping services as possible. So those would likely be stopping at Dorfield but not at Cornford or Maverton (not sure about whether to kill the set-down stop at Hopford or not). Not sure about diverting them onto the slow line for Tattenhoe, though they would make an ideal candidate for peak-time stops, maybe even being passed by faster services. How far west would IR110/D110 run?
… maybe they terminate and Tattenhoe and not-so-slow trains run through to Cornford. Platforms in Perth are not a problem. :)
That's kind of the idea. "Semi-fast" meaning not quite slow, and not quite fast. A Perth-Cornford service would call at Tattenhoe, Dorfield (sans n), then some of the stations between there and Cornford, with the all-stations service maybe shuttling between. Though, without looking at the layout, it may be that there aren't enough stations there to justify it, and it might as well be all-stations. Turns out there are only three stations between Dorfield and Cornford, so the local service can be all-stations.
Antworten