1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von 1993matias »

It works again, I hope it doesn't breaks down again.

I will resume work right away.
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I have following suggestion for a timetable:

Code: Alles auswählen

SN 30
RS 43
AD 56
AD 06
HH 12
HH 18
WG 24
trains should wait for the IR101 trains, so:

WG 36
PT 44
OX 53
OX 07
AP 15
Return:

AP 45
OX 53
OX 07
PT 16
WG 24
WG 36
HH 42

HH 48
AD 54 
AD 06
RS 19
SN 31
Preferably the last from AD, as my trains further west departs :30.
I prefer the first one, so that there are transfer connections from everywhere to Ribbleshire in Ardrossan. If trains arrive too late in SN, you could upgrade the line to higher speeds, your new trains seem to be able to run 220km/h. Although this might be too fast for level crossings.

Or you cut stopping time in Robbleside down to 4min, since there will be no engine change anymore.
Also, I finished my 'Motortrafikvej' (translated: Motorway) with changing traffic lights :D
I'll continue it and run 60 buses/hour from Beith to Robbleside. :lol:
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:If trains arrive too late in SN, you could upgrade the line to higher speeds, your new trains seem to be able to run 220km/h. Although this might be too fast for level crossings.
It already goes 220 from Ardrossan to SN... maybe no stopping at the border?
I forgot level crossings :oops: But hey, the train will be past the crossing before the drive knows :P No waiting time!
On a serious note: I may build bridges instead.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:It already goes 220 from Ardrossan to SN... maybe no stopping at the border?
by taking the shortcut to avoid Robbleside, it could reach SN :33. Since I'm going to run every 30min north of Robbleside, trains could alternating terminate in SN or Robbleside.

If the train also skips Saltcoats & Stevenston, we could change its type to Express, leave Ardrossan :04 and arrive in SN :28. An additional IR would serve S&S, RS and maybe a some more stops.
On a serious note: I may build bridges instead.
Expensive, but every track upgrade has a price.
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: by taking the shortcut to avoid Robbleside, it could reach SN :29. Since I'm going to run every 30min north of Robbleside, trains could alternating terminate in SN or Robbleside.
It is possible to run two times /hour to SN, but only during daytime.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:If the train also skips Saltcoats & Stevenston, we could change its type to Express, leave Ardrossan :04 and arrive in SN :28. An additional IR would serve S&S, RS and maybe a some more stops.
I propose following stops:
[*]Oxford
[*]Wigan
[*]Holton Heath
[*]Ardrossan
[*]South Neckfield
Maybe further north?

I will make a timetable example in 30 minutes, I think it will reach SN :26. I hope so ;)

EDIT:

Timetable:

OX 23 53
WG 37 07
HH 42 12
HH 48 18
AD 54 24
AD 04 34
SN 28 58

SN 30 00
AD 54 24
AD 04 34
HH 11 41
HH 18 48
WG 24 54
OX 38 08
It will be used in the next version, although I aim to make the travel time AD-SN shorter. The new trains will be used now, the old deleted.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus - email hat geschrieben:...But now Eranthas and Florwick Railroad is messed up. A giant queue of trains has piled up in front of New-Lucenneos station. :-(
I had that fault too. Maybe we should just disable the signals? As I remember, there's two signals with failure here.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
I won't be able to use my next slot from January, 23 to 27 (early morning). Feel free to auction it to whoever promises to build most! :)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I do! I do! Lots of scenery :D
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I will not deliver until tomorrow midday, as I have something to test out - I don't want to send a layout with errors ;) I hope it is okay :)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Email hat geschrieben:> @Chris: I've set a signal to stop your trains, because they just made too
> much trouble. You may want to add a signal for each platform at your
> stations.
Hmm. They seemed to be fine for several hours before sending it out.
Try to test it for at least 24 game hours before sending it out. That's what I do.
Email hat geschrieben:> I hope you'll like my additions :)
Sounds interesting. When do we get to see them? ;o)
There aren't that many additions this time, other than scenery and a lot of river. And the Night-time parking for my trains - which probably will cause trouble.

Anyhow, good luck building ;)
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

To answer the questions left in the layout at Castle Street, in case I forget later:
1. Working on it, though it's part of a bigger problem I'm trying to work through.
2. Lots of trains arriving after a collision suggests that the simulation has still been running. I have my BAHN set up to stop in the event of a collision, so these things can be picked up before they cause too much damage.
3. The trains may look like they arrive randomly because of the variable stop times - particularly the DC line trains make sixteen stops on the way. Maybe the departure times on the far end need work. I'm planning some adjustments at Westfield that should make this a little less painful, and should make it easier when the service eventually steps up from 6tph to around 18tph (and trains actually start running late).
4. Yes, there is supposed to be a 300-second turnaround at the buffers. The departures from the TPs are five minutes in advance of the effective departure time. This is to keep late-running trains in the platform for long enough to do a proper turnaround. Two desirable side-effects: the "train text" will tell you which trains are ready to start, and the head and tail lights change around a few minutes before departure.

Incidentally, if anyone needs to do anything similar anywhere on the layout, look at system FRL and signal RED. FRL is on with no contact to turn it off, useful for holding a signal permanently at danger. I use it for cosmetic fixed red lights, wrong-line signals that aren't working, and to prevent things from entering at unexpected places. RED is a signal using FRL, and itself will never clear. I use this for signals on the approach to a terminus (where they exist :-) ) to reflect the rule that a signal leading to a terminus platform should show caution.

Speaking of head-on collisions: Tuesday 0700, RE4/20 westbound waiting in the platform at SN. 0710, RE4/1 arrives into the same platform from the west. 0730, RE4/20 attempts to depart ...
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

More of the fog of war is lifted, this time the Great Northern Railway is revealed north of Medford as far as Camworth. Commuters on this route arrive at the Aldersgate terminus in the old city, though the faster trains will eventually pile into Snow Hill.

Passengers in Andsough are dismayed at the prospect of yet another week of bus-titution, while the population of Odaro is beginning to wonder if they will ever get to work. (Search the layout for "collided".)

At around 12:12 last Wednesday, a shunting locomotive escaped from Berwick south yard, resulting in a collision with an inter-city passenger train. Nobody was killed or injured, on account of the fact that it's only a simulation. A shunting point was installed in the yard to prevent the rogue train from escaping in future, though why the shunter left to collect a train that wasn't there remains a mystery.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Is Yenz building? If not, can I take his slot? Because I'm not sure I will be able to build much during the slot I changed with Chris. This way Chris can get his slot back if/when he wants.

I hope I'm not causing much trouble here :)
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Is Yenz building?
I hope he doesn't, since I'm holding the teamwork hostage. :wink: (As usual on his slots). I'm just packing it and sending it around, so you can use the remainder of yenz’ slot (in the very unlikely case that he doesn't).

The Town of Mildenhall extended northwards with an industrial area and an Air Force Base. Bus service has begun, from the Mildenhall station through the town to St. Hilde Academy station in North Bay.

Edit: It would be nice to send the old buses to Mildenhall instead of the scrapyard, I'll need them for additional rush-hour services. :D
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Thanks :D I'll give Ribbleshire train-titution right away, so those old buses can be scrapped ;)
Antworten